Monday, March 10, 2008

Just in case you forgot... babies DON'T belong in the Dryer!

Okay, I was all ready to go to bed when I clicked on my cousin Emily's blog and couldn't contain my laughter. She posted these pictures on her blog (she has a young baby as well) and I have never seen anything more hilarious in my life. So I promptly told her I was going to steal them from her so I could share them with all of you. Thanks Emily! =)

I'm not sure where she found this website, but I believe it is some sort of instructional website in Spanish. I was just going to post a few, but I couldn't choose favorites because they are all just too funny. So I will apologize now for the EXTRA LONG BLOG post.

Now let's see how many things I'm actually doing incorrectly with Ashton...

I'll let you be the judge. If you feel the need to report me to the department of Child and Family Services, at least give me a heads up so I can flee the state. Or maybe I'll just stay in Utah a bit longer.



Hey, it's better than a chicken bone. And there's NO WAY that huge piece of pretzel could possibly be a choking hazard.




Oooh, Daddy gets positive points with this one. Although I don't necessarily agree. I've heard that kids who learn to play chess have a higher IQ. So I'd say either one is right.




I'd say his forehead is supported perfectly.




Hooray! I get positive marks for this one. I even wedged him in with larger objects.



Uh oh, negative point for Dad. I think the score is even now. Don't worry, he didn't get hurt. Our kid is always doing crazy acrobatics.



I keep having to remind Chuck of this one...




Well, I wouldn't go THIS far. But I definitely wipe his snot up with my clothes. But what parent doesn't?




He likes it, he likes it!




Hey, if they wake US up with ear piercing screams, I'd say the air horn thing is only fair, wouldn't you!?!




Now come on, who DOESN'T toss their kid in the air...




What's wrong with a little positive encouragement?




Whatever... I'm teaching him survival skills he can definitely use later in life, like, how to hold your breath when someone is spraying you with water. That's an invaluable skill I'd say.




He came out just fine... all fluffed and nicely folded. The dryer works like a charm!




How bad can it be if it's his own shoe!!?



It was for his sore teething gums, I swear.




But the Baby Einstein video says to watch DAILY! (well, it doesn't really, but everyone swears by those darn videos. At least it's not Barney!) The honest truth, he's only watched this video once. He's usually subjected to "Rock of Love" or "Scott Baio is 46 and Pregnant." Please don't judge me because I watch such heinous shows. It's like a car wreck, I can't turn away. And at least I'm not letting him watch "Flavor of Love"! Yuck!




This is my FAVORITE picture out of them all. I love how the baby is staring at the coffee cup and wondering how he got stuck with such a crazy mom. Kinda the same way Ashton stares at me sometimes. haha




Phew, at least we managed to do this one right.




Once again, whatever!... Everyone knows that a pinky nail is MUCH more efficient than a booger sucker! And I've never figured out how to efficiently clean those darn things! How sanitary can it be to stick a thing up my kids nose that has old boogers from 2 months ago inside of it! Gross! I'm definitely sticking with my pinky!!!




Now I'm undecided on this one. Because on one particular VERY funny episode of Seinfeld, there were 3 or 4 Japanese men that slept quite comfortably in Kramer's large chest of drawers. They STILL do it in Japan today. They're called Capsule hotels. I'll let you guys make the call.




A DEFINITE negative on my part for this one!! haha just teasing Uncle Tim.


3 comments:

Jeanette said...

ok
I saw all those on Emily's blog and laughed my head off. but i laughed so much harder when i saw all of those pictures of ashton that go along with it. soooooooo funny. you're so clever!!

Emily Petty said...

Laura - that is so funny that you added pictures of Ashton - the shoe ones are really cute!!
-Emily

Christine said...

Haha....these are so cute. Makes me wanna have a kid of my own.

PS. When's our next play date?