Monday, March 24, 2008

"Baby Boomers" and their electronic skills.

We are back from Utah and we had a great time with all of the family that we were able to visit. (I will show pics of that in my next entry.) I was scouring through all of the pictures and video that I/we took and I found myself laughing at the video clips that I had left to the responsibility of my mom. Now of course I love my mom more than words can say, but I just can't resist teasing her about her video taking skills, or lack there of. She has become pretty technologically advanced over the past few years. She even has her own cell phone now and fancy digital camera. But come on... what am I supposed to do with this video footage of the green gymnasium floor... and my butt!? I'll let you see for yourself...


Once she got the hang of it, the rest of the videos she took were GREAT!

But Darrin and I were the ones who really captured video GOLD!

For example... My Mom showing off her snazzy trampoline tricks she apparently learned in high school. All I learned in high school was how to sleep with my head up during class so I wouldn't get caught. Times sure have changed haven't they.
I love how Ashton is staring at us wondering how he got stuck with such "crazies" for family members.


Mom showing off more "childhood" skills. Next thing you know she's gonna be climbing a tree or setting up a lemonade stand in the neighborhood. haha (I totally used to do that all the time and the only person that would buy lemonade from my friend Christina and I was the mailman.)


I LOVE YOU MOM! YOU ROCK!

4 comments:

Emily Petty said...

Okay having already commented on your other two posts, I wasn't going to here, but...what great videos - the comments you and Darrin make are great. Where is that gym - it looks really cool! Tell Aunt Helen I think she's awesome - you know my Mom would have been out there with her. Actually, my Mom mula hoops everday for like ten min to build strength or tone or something like that. Sounds crazy, but it actually takes some energy.

Anonymous said...

Wow..I am in such awe over Helen's trampoline skills. Watching her bend those knees, and actually land on them made me really envious of being able to do that...I am facing a knee replacement from a knee injury and arthritis, so watching Helen's knees bend was totally awesome. And, her hula hoop efforts were fun to watch too. She's a very "young 60"!

Darrin said...

Okay, I recorded those videos and I can't believe I wasn't laughing all the way through them. But . . . watching them again REALLY hurts because I am laughing so hard. Mom, you are a strange cat, and your hula-hooping skills are lacking, but you can bounce the heck out of a trampoline!!!

Anonymous said...

haha those videos are awesome. i kept trying to crane the video picture up with my mind while watching, it's frustrating looking at the floor. And your Mom's hula hoop skills aren't so bad. she'd blow me out of the water.