Friday, August 1, 2008

New House

This has been a very busy/crazy month for us. But in a good way. We've had a lot of excitement going on around here with Chuck's graduation, moving day, and Ashton's first birthday. I usually try to think of clever things to say on my blog, but since so many people have been asking to see pictures of the new house, I'm just going to post a bunch up for you all to see. We LOVE having visitors (as long as they don't mind sleeping on a couch at this point), so don't hesitate to come see us. =)

I already posted some pictures from the web on my previous "Moving day is near" post, so I'm just going to include some pictures of the rest of the house that it didn't really show.

You'll notice that our house, and the walls, are still very EMPTY. It's probably going to stay that way for quite some time. We're in no rush to furnish every room. We've been so busy lately, we're just going to take things one step at a time. I was going to try and photoshop some furniture in there, but I skipped that class in high school. I took home-ec instead. I DID in fact show you one of my tricks for unpacking, which is to shove everything into a corner on the other side of the room! I'll put everything "in it's place" eventually, but I just wanted to get the boxes emptied out. C'mon, you know you do it too...

Ashton's new favorite thing to do is open the cabinets and crawl inside to lay down. Or just hide things in them, and then shut the door. Chuck couldn't find one of his screw drivers for a whole week. I later found it in my night stand drawer next to my socks.



I tried to be really technical and do that photo stitching thing in the kitchen/family room area so it looks like one big panoramic photo, but I didn't know how to attach them together after I've taken the photos. So you have to use your imagination on these ones.






He is definitely a climber. Even after putting this humongous baby gate out, he can still weasel his way around it and get upstairs. I should know by now that the children are always smarter than the parents.

Front door and hallway. Dining room, second stairwell and hall closet are to the right. Green living room is to the left.
Dining Room/ where I throw the empty boxes
hall closet and stairs
living room

Laundry room. (another place I throw some junk) That door at the end leads to the garage.
Downstairs bathroom
This picture is at a weird angle, but I wanted to show how you can go upstairs from either the kitchen, or the entry hallway. (Like Aunt Patti's house! =)
Linen cabinets and desk upstairs in the loft. aka-where I've stashed more stuff to put away "later."
Bonus room at the top of the stairs. That tv on the wall seemed a lot bigger when we bought it to put in our 10x10 ft. bedroom in the old house. Now it looks so teeny. haha

Ashton's bathroom
Our room.
Other side of our room. Another place I shove stuff into the corner to put away later. haha


I didn't include Ashton's room (because he was sleeping when I took the pictures) or the other bedrooms because they're just empty rooms and not very exciting to look at. And the office is such a disaster there was no way I could pull off the "I just shove things in a corner" speech because there's stuff EVERYWHERE in that room.


This is a video of Chuck and Ashton having some fun while packing the old house.



...and another one of him destroying the new house. =)


We hope you've enjoyed the pictures. Now come out and SEE US!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved looking at all those neat pictures and am so happy you can have such a nice, NEW home. It must echo in there with so many rooms now to rattle around in. Ashton must be so happy exploring..up and downstairs and hiding things from you two!

Maly and Dan said...

Cute home! I love the laundry with the blue painting. I love blue walls, that kind though. Not all blue can pass but that one is pretty. I love the island kitchen! I told Dan see they have an island kitchen, we need one too. I love to cook so it would be perfect! The bottom of your bed would look so cute with a white love seat or some sort of seating. I'm into that kinda of look lately. just thought I add some style ideas not that you were asking. I'm going to give you one anyways, hehe. Cute, cute.

Anonymous said...

great place! congrats on the successful move. i love ur master bedroom!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to come see you guys! We will be out there looking at houses pretty soon!

Luv ya,
Karen

Anonymous said...

Hey Laura,
The new house looks great! I love the video of Chuck pushing Ashton all over the floor!

Dana said...

Hi Laura: You have a great house. We will have to visit at Christmas. Cute pictures of Ashton. It must be a boy thing to climb into cupboards, etc. Tyler did that too. I know you will enjoy furnishing your house over the years.
I made the trip to Utah in one day. Not too bad. I won't have email up for a while. I'm at a hotel right now waiting for the movers to arrive.

love to all, Dana

Anonymous said...

Hey Laura,
Sounds like everything is going great!!! Your house looks amazing..even empty! Fav pic is Ashton in the cupboard!!!! Miss you tons!!

Honey Gangsta said...

Wow! Um, gorgeous much?

Christine said...

Wowzers! that sucker is HUGE!I'm so happy for you guys. I'm next!....I'll call you when I get word. MAybe me and Ryan can drive out there next week to take a visit. I'll call you. Talk to you soon.