Saturday, August 16, 2008

Happy Birthday to my best friend and "baby daddy."

Even though he will deny it for at least the next 5 years, Chuck did in fact turn 30 this past Wednesday, August 13th. It was pretty much like any ole' regular day (Just as he likes it. He's not a big "celebrator"... of anything having to do with himself), but since I'M the one who has a blog, I still get to tell everyone about it. We kept it casual and went out to dinner to a place that holds a bit of nostalgia for us. Buffalo Wild Wings. Random, I know. But when we lived in Warren, Ohio, those 9 short months back in 2003 (i think), we used to frequent that place quite a bit. And the only other one we found in California after we moved back home, was 45 miles away in Ontario. So we were happy when we spotted one in Murrieta shortly after we moved here.

In a small(er) town like Warren, if you find a place that you like to go to with friends, you'll find yourself hanging out there a lot more than you would've expected. We made a lot of memories, and a lot of friendships at that place. So as dorky as it sounds, it holds a special place in our hearts. But the real reason we went there on Wednesday is because Chuck's brother, Tim, was very generous and gave him a gift card for his birthday, and we're suckers for gift cards. haha

So, Happy Birthday to my wonderful, amazing, patient, kind, hard working, has never raised his voice, best daddy in the world, loving and funny husband, Chuck. I love you babe.


p.s. One of the things he has told me in the past that he hated most about turning 30 is that it would mean that I as well, am getting older, and he "enjoys having a young wife." And if he is "old," then I'm not far behind. Hmmmm, now what the hell am I supposed to say to that, other than, "thanks a lot!!"



Chuck and Ashton at Buffalo Wild Wings



Hey, at least he already got his "mid-life crisis car" out of the way. I just love the look on his face. It says, "Is this my future? A car FULL of kids?" haha



Ashton trying to "fill Daddy's shoes." Or shirt, in this case.

2 comments:

Maly and Dan said...

Happy 30th Chuck!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy 30th, to Chuck, who doesn't know me, but I feel I know him through these neat posts.
Wanda Wach