Thursday, June 12, 2008

Farewell Whittier Mommies

In February I joined a local "moms group" and Ashton and I were lucky enough to meet some really nice moms and kids/babies. I'm sad to be leaving this group, but also anxious to join the new group that I have found in Murrieta. Yes, the count down for our moving day is just 4 short weeks. It's a very bittersweet adventure, as we are so excited for what lies ahead, but also sad to leave the very close proximity to some of our family and friends. It's only about an hour from where we live now, but with gas prices, it'd probably be cheaper to charter a private plane out of the French Valley Airport into the Long Beach Airport and then take the city bus to our destination. (I think I'll look into that.)


Here are some pictures from our last play date with the Whittier Moms. This isn't the entire group, but actually a pretty good turn out.



Ashton's "praising" whoever brought the chocolate pie! "HALLELUJAH!"



This slide was deadly!! The nice little curve looks very innocent... Until you're sliding down it with a baby on your lap (or 2 in Karen's case) and it JOLTS you from one side back to the other and instead of a fun trip, you end up with a crying baby. Needless to say, we went down more than once. I'm a terrible mom, I know.




Although I'm smiling, Ashton didn't like this one either. I think he prefers the slides that are less than 4 ft in length.




I thought the middle spot would be better on Ashton, but I was wrong. Instead of jolting you back and forth, it would thrust you up and down like you were riding a horse. Again... Ashton ended up crying. So I immediately made Karen go on it so she could experience the terror!




YUMMY! Cookies!!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laura, I love your blog page. Thanks for thinking of us. It will be agood way to keep in touch! We'll miss you and Ashton, but we may see you out there one of these days!

Love,

Karen & Dani

Jeanette said...

ok WHERE is THAT crazy park. my boys would eat it up. and a slide for all of them to go down at the same time?, sign me up for that photo op