Thursday, May 15, 2008

"Excuse me, can you please point me in the direction of my dressing room trailer."

"QUIET ON THE SET!!! Lights, Camera... ACTION!" ...or "CLICK" as it would be in this case.

A few months ago I followed the suggestion/advice of some friends and did the work that needed to be done to get Ashton a Manager/Agent and into the "entertainment biz." And let me tell you, it was definitely a lot of WORK! I was driving all over town & running errands here and there, filling out tons of paperwork, faxing/emailing this and that, obtaining a work permit, snapping "head shot" photos, for a week straight! Thankfully after all of that initial stuff was taken care of, we just got to relax and wonder if they'd ever call. After all was said and done, we didn't really think much of it. But low and behold, he got his first audition last week!! And after that audition, which consisted of me driving to Hollywood for them to take one polaroid and tell me "ok he's done," he actually booked the JOB! Hooray!

Now we're not in any way wanting to pursue a goal of Ashton becoming the next Disney "High School Musical" cast member. But if he can makes a few bucks here and there while he's a baby/toddler, we say "why not!" There's nothing wrong with him having some extra money to blow on whatever the heck he wants when he turns 18 right.

So, he booked a 3 day photo shoot for the "Hanna Anderson" clothing line. He's going to be in the upcoming Fall/Winter 2008 catalog, and possibly online as well. We have no idea when it comes out, or if they will actually use any of his pictures (there were many babies there), but he got paid either way so we'll just have to wait and see. They pretty much just take the pictures and say thanks for coming. I'll post an update, in the fall, if his pictures were in fact published. You can click on the blue highlighted word above to check out their website.

Here are some pictures I took on the set.


His first outfit. I don't know how we got him to keep the hats on. He protested at first, but once he realized they were tied on with strings, I think he gave up. He still didn't like the hats though.
This outfit came complete with mittens and baby Ugg boots. I hope he doesn't get used to these fancy clothes. I don't even have Ugg boots for myself, let alone a pair for my baby. haha
Positioning him on a little bench.
His second "Bear" outfit.
I told you he doesn't like hats. This outfit had all kinds of stuff all over his head. haha

It was pretty funny because he kept trying to crawl, but wasn't quite sure if he'd be able to with those bulky mittens on. He kept staring at his hands like, "what the heck are these."
Second day of the shoot... Halloween outfits.

He's clapping because he's so happy they didn't put a hat on him this time!

See what I mean, a hat turns his mood 180 degrees. They tried everything to get him to smile with this huge spider hat on. Bubbles.... feathers... musical instruments, but he wasn't having it. He was pissed! haha
"I refuse to give them what they want as long as they keep this thing on top of my head!"

Supposedly this was shot for the cover, but you never know what they're actually going to use. I guess we'll have to just wait and see.


As his parents, this has been a lot of fun for Chuck and I. But now Chuck is jealous because Ashton makes more money per hour than he does. hahaha.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

cute!! I can't wait to see if these come out in the catalogue! It's exciting that you get to go out and do interesting errands too.

did you ever find out about that dinosaur park?

Janna said...

What a cutie! I knew he had star quality. I want to hear about other jobs he gets. Keep up the posting.

Anonymous said...

Wow..Ashton, can I have your autograph???! Cute, cute photos..how fun for all of you to be involved in this.
Wanda

Petty Family said...

Wow - how crazy - baby modeling! I'll have to tell my mother-in-law and sister-in-law - they are huge Hanna Anderson fans! I actually own a few things (gifts from them), and they are very nice, I just can't really afford to buy anything myself. Frank's best socks are Hanna Anderson and they have some really cute pilot hats that he wore. Ashton looks adorable. I hope he is in the shots, let us know!
-Emily

Dana said...

Laura: keep the blogs coming. Ashton is so cute. We love you, Dana and Dad

Christine said...

i want a autograph!

Michelle said...

Hey Laura! It's Michelle Biehn. I found you through Jeanette's blog and I'm so excited! You guys are so cute. Ashton is a doll! He's gonna be a little model man, huh? Can we arrange a marriage between him and Peyton? LOL