Sunday, April 13, 2008

Oops...

My friend Raeanna was over last week with her son Jacob and I was changing Ashton's diaper while I was telling her a story. Now Ashton is pretty wiggly, especially when it comes to getting his diaper changed or getting dressed. I often struggle getting his little legs through his pants because he moves so much. Well, I finally succeeded, but when I picked him up, I noticed something wasn't quite right. This is what I found.... Look closely.

Poor guy didn't even complain once while I was shoving both his legs into one hole. He just sat there and smiled at me.

He even started crawling while still in his "gimpy" leg situation. He didn't get very far, just kept scooting around like an inch worm.


This was just one of many "mental brain-farts" I've experienced since becoming a mom. I don't admit to most of them, but some are just too funny to keep to myself. Like the time I went to the park with Raeanna and Jacob and came home to find both the front & screen door wide open. Nope, there was no burgular. We just put the kids and all of our stuff in the car and I never went back and locked up. Don't tell Chuck. haha

5 comments:

Jeanette said...

I love those feet.

Anonymous said...

I loved the "mermaid" look in Ashton's jeans!! Hey, if we can't laugh at ourselves, it's no fun. As they say, "Don't sweat the small stuff". Well, not locking the doors might be big stuff, but hey, it happens to all of us!

Christine said...

That's hillarious! I love it. It looks like he has lil' webbed feet...hahaha

Amber said...

Hi Laura: I am at Amber's so can't remember my blog info to send as me. Anyway, keep the blogs coming. I love them. It's like being with you guys more. The one legged jeans is hilarious.

love, Dana

Janna said...

I think it's time for an update.